As and Like


Assalamu’alaikum wr. wb.
Good Morning IELTS Catchers ,, how’s life today?

Well, in this opportunity I’d like to share with you all the differences between “AS and LIKE”. Actually its not subject that we must learn in IELTS, however its additional subject as grammar class that English Studio provide to the pupil whether they wanna join this additional class who’s Mrs. Siska handle it. Alright, straight to the point whats AS and LIKE ?







Ø  AS (Seperti)
If we use “as” as “seperti”, we must make complete sentence after “as”, so we can call “as” here as conjunction. Take for an instance:
·        Rahma’s idea seemed a good one, so we did as he suggested.
·        I’m afraid I cant meet you on Sunday as we arranged.
·        Vanesa failed her driving test as my sister did last month.
Ø  LIKE (Seperti)
If we use this preposition, it has meaning as “seperti”, so we don’t need complete sentence after it (subject/verb).
·        That house is like an old Haunted villa.
·        Tonny and John are just like the other boys.
·        Its raining again. I hate weather like this.
Ø  AS (Sebagai)
If we use “as” as conjuction and has a meaning “sebagai”.
·        My brother worked as a doctor in hospital.
·        I choose her as my wife to be.
·        He got promotion as a Marketing Manager.
Ø  Like (Sebagai)
If we consider “like” here as preposition, so it will be followed by noun or pronoun.
·        Do you think Shinta looks like her mother?
·        She treats me like a king.
·        Beni talked like a robot.

I thinks that all for today, I hope it will be fruitful for us 😊
Thanks for visitng, have nice day :V

Wassalamu’alaikum wr. wb.


0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Popular Music

Follow me on Twitter

Twitter